Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Camping + Comedy Fest...Check it out!
- WHEN / WHERE IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
BiG Fire Festival 2018 location and dates are TBD! Stay tuned!
- WHO IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Info on our fantastic team/staff? DOUBLE BOOM
- WHY IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Why not? Our purpose is to purify your soul with comedy, nature, music, and collective love/weirdness. A good time, guaranteed.
- HOW MANY STAGES?
There are 3 stages at BiG Fire Festival, providing live stand-up, sketch and improv comedy. We've also got a stage for musical performances, as well as open mics, interactive art installations, guided activities AND a projector playing video content.
- WHAT DOES BiG FIRE FESTIVAL PROVIDE?
BiG Fire Festival provides:
- The entertainment of the festival's performers and activities
- A place to set up camp.
BiG Fire Festival DOES NOT provide ANY food, beverages or firewood.
- WHAT DO I NEED FOR BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
We here at BiG Fire Festival believe in practicing radical self-reliance and leaving a minimal footprint. This means YOU are responsible for bringing everything you'll need for two nights in the desert. PLEASE be respectful of the land.
- WATER: We're gonna be in the desert, you guys, and having fun is thirsty work. Bring plenty of water, for hydration, for cooking, for cleaning, for water balloons... You can't bring too much water.
- TENT/SLEEPING BAG: Eventually, you're going to need to sleep and your tent is the place to do it. It can get cold in the desert at night, so make sure you've got enough to keep warm!
- CAMPING GEAR: Things like a camp stove, dishes, utensils, a cooler/ice, etc.
- FLASHLIGHTS/HEADLAMPS: It gets mighty dark at night, and though the stars are bright and we'll have plenty of lighting, it's always best to have your own light source, just in case!
MISSING SOME CAMPING GEAR? CHECK IT OUT!
- FIREWOOD: While we encourage campfires, we do ask that any fire, for cooking or otherwise, BE ELEVATED above the ground enough to avoid scorching the earth. Also, please be sure to bring a trash bag specifically for the fire's ashes.
Here are some tips on how to Leave No Trace with your fire.
- TRASH BAGS: There are NO trash cans at BiG Fire Festival, we encourage and expect everyone to be self-reliant, and responsible for their own garbage.
- PORTABLE CHAIR/SEAT: Bring something to use as your seat in the audience! Whether it's a beach chair, a picnic blanket, even a cooler, you'll be able to move from stage to stage and always have a place to sit!
- SHADE: The days can be hot, and while we will have various shelters for shade and activities, we encourage bringing some sort of shade structure for your campsite, even if it's just a tarp. Here are some other ideas!
- BICYCLE: The event site is expansive and so consider bringing a bicycle or anything else (WITHOUT A MOTOR) to help you zip from stage to stage.
- YOGA MAT/TOWEL: There will be "recovery" yoga in the mornings, so if this is something you'd like to participate in, bring your mat!
- GENERATOR: Attendees are welcome to bring a generator to their campsite to power their partying, but we do ask that you be courteous to your neighbors and shut it down after midnight.
- ARE DOGS ALLOWED AT BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Absolutely, friendly dogs on leashes are always welcome. Owners are expected to be with their dog at all times, clean up after them, etc. PLEASE take into consideration there will be loud music and late night activities. Also, the desert is home to coyotes and other various critters (snakes, etc.) that might not be as friendly as your pooch, so please be aware of this as well.
- IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION FOR BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Yes, all attendees must be 18 or older.
- WILL THERE BE PHOTOS/VIDEO TAKEN?
Yes, BiG Fire Festival there are videographers filming the event and portions of it will be released online.