Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
BiG FIRE is Los Angeles ONLY Overnight Comedy Festival.
3 Days. 2 Stages of Comedy. 1 Stage of Music. All while you're camping in the open desert.
- WHEN / WHERE IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
May 4-6, 2018 | 35.026965,-117.485438 | Mojave Desert | 2 Hours 15 Minutes from Los Angeles. Be prepared.
- WHAT DO I NEED FOR BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
We here at BiG Fire Festival believe in practicing radical self-reliance and leaving a minimal footprint. This means YOU are responsible for bringing everything you'll need for two nights in the desert. PLEASE be respectful of the land.
- WATER: We're gonna be in the desert, you guys, and having fun is thirsty work. Bring plenty of water, for hydration, for cooking, for cleaning, for water balloons... You can't bring too much water.
- TENT/SLEEPING BAG: Eventually, you're going to need to sleep and your tent is the place to do it. It can get cold in the desert at night, so make sure you've got enough to keep warm!
- CAMP KITCHEN: Camp stove, dishes, utensils, a cooler, ice, wet wipes, water, etc.
- FLASHLIGHTS/HEADLAMPS: It gets mighty dark at night, and though the stars are bright and we'll have plenty of lighting, it's always best to have your own light source, just in case!
MISSING SOME CAMPING GEAR? CHECK IT OUT!
- FIREWOOD: While we encourage campfires, we do ask that any fire, for cooking or otherwise, BE ELEVATED above the ground enough to avoid scorching the earth. Also, please be sure to bring a trash bag specifically for the fire's ashes.
Here are some tips on how to Leave No Trace with your fire.
- TRASH BAGS: There are NO trash cans at BiG Fire Festival, we encourage and expect everyone to be self-reliant, and responsible for their own garbage.
- PORTABLE CHAIR/SEAT: Whether it's a beach chair, a picnic blanket, even a cooler, you're gonna want something to sit on. Trust us...and your butts.
- SHADE: The days can be hot, and while we will have various shelters for shade and activities, we encourage bringing some sort of shade structure for your campsite, even if it's just a tarp. Here are some other ideas!
- BICYCLE: The event site is expansive and so consider bringing a bicycle or anything else (WITHOUT A MOTOR) to help you zip from stage to stage.
- YOGA MAT/TOWEL: There will be "recovery" yoga in the mornings, so if this is something you'd like to participate in, bring your mat!
- GENERATOR: Attendees are welcome to bring a generator to their campsite to power their partying, but we do ask that you be courteous to your neighbors and shut it down after midnight.
- HOW MANY STAGES?
There are 2 comedy stages providing live stand-up, sketch, improv a
We've also got 1 stage for musical performances ringing in the sunrises and sunsets, as well as open mics, interactive art installations, guided activities AND a projector playing video content.
- WHAT DOES BiG FIRE FESTIVAL PROVIDE?
BiG Fire Festival provides:
- The entertainment of the festival's performers and activities
- A place to set up camp
BiG Fire Festival DOES NOT provide ANY food, beverages or firewood.
- WHO IS BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Info on our fantastic team/staff? DOUBLE BOOM
- ARE DOGS ALLOWED AT BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Absolutely, friendly dogs on leashes are always welcome. Owners are expected to be with their dog at all times, clean up after them, etc. PLEASE take into consideration there will be loud music and late night activities. Also, the desert is home to coyotes and other various critters (snakes, etc.) that might not be as friendly as your pooch, so please be aware of this as well.
- IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION FOR BiG FIRE FESTIVAL?
Yes, all attendees must be 18 or older.
- WILL THERE BE PHOTOS/VIDEO TAKEN?
Yes, Festival Videographers will be filming the event and portions of it will be released online for marketing purposes.